Tuesday, April 19, 2011

30 Days of biking - Day 18 Signs signs

One of the things I like to cite when trying to persuade colleagues to bike to work are the facilities in Minneapolis for bike commuters.One of my favorites are the signs along some of the main bike trails in the city. This is one area where the hyper-organized, Scandinavian heritage of the state really comes through.


Just so you know, this trail is for bikes. And, the trail has a logo!

 
Well, it isn't just for bikes (apologies for the blurriness - I am usually moving when I shoot these).


Some signs even include mileage. We are missing exit numbers...maybe those will come in the next generation.


This one shows how over the top this can get. We have a sign for mileage, exit ramp, trail name (different this time - the round green one), the neighborhood, and some other stuff that I think is considered 'public art.' All this and the marked lanes make this ride almost oddly civilized.

No comments:

Post a Comment