Tuesday, April 5, 2011

30 Days - Day 5

Spring in Minnesota can be difficult for outsiders to appreciate. Many folks have been cooped up inside their homes, cars, buses, the Mall of America, or the Skyway (also affectionately known as the 'habitrail') since November. A good percentage of us find ways to deal with the weather, however, and ski, bike, fish, year round. For all, when temps exceed 32F, it is Spring regardless if there are feet of snow piled everywhere.


This is a mountainous pile of dirty snow - probably 20 feet high - I pass by on my ride to work every day. My guess is this will be here through May.


On the way home I passed what must have been an early season practice for the St Mark's baseball team. Convenient to have the snow as a backstop and outfield fence.

I am happy to report no snow on my bike route. The winter bike is now rusting in the basement and will (hopefully) stay there for the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment