Saturday, April 2, 2011

30 Days - Day 2

My usual biking involves going to work in the AM and returning PM. Weekends, the trips are up to me. To be sure to hit the road every day this month, I took two of my kids biking this Saturday. The train is pretty impressive: bike, third wheel, and burley trailer behind that. It seems 20 feet long from saddle in the front.
 

The sun was out and it was in the 50s. In a good mood and without any particular itinerary in mind, I let the 5 year old choose. She selected a route that would take us up to one of the highest points in our part of St Paul (Highland Park), down to see a favorite city pool, and then back up again on the way back.


The 5 five year old loved the ride downhill, the baby in the Burley was a bit stunned by the wind. Dad was gasping on the return climb, which had no impact on the enjoyment of the other passengers. I guess it was good for all of us, even if in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment