Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Winter Minnesota?

One of the questions I get relating to this blog has to do with the use of '365' in the title. The idea is simply that I want to explore the idea of biking throughout the year. Not just when it is 70 degrees, not when it is 10 AM and sunny, not Saturdays only but year round. This isn't a tough guy thing, just that biking can be a year round activity even in the frozen, cold North of Minnesota.

Which brings me to this year. Today's weather almanac for our area shows the record low temperature was -27 and the normal high is 22. However, today's high was in the mid 40s so we have a potential temperature range for January of almost 70 degrees. This is insane. Even more insane is the Spring-like feeling of cruising home tonight in the complete darkness of winter wearing short sleeves. I am rather cold-tolerant but consider the comparison that January often brings temperatures that kill people. Literally. I will say today was plenty comfortable.

We will have the multiple feet of snow, the frozen earlobes, and glare ice but for now, I am enjoying our pseudo-Spring.

Keep the wheels turning, anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment