Wednesday, April 4, 2012

30 Days of Biking - Favorites

I bike to work daily and am happy to report I have kept this up pretty much every day since last August. This is fun for me and I don't think of  it as an accomplishment since I get exercise, enjoyment, and time to listen to podcasts. There are some things I enjoy in particular every day, regardless of the weather. One of those is that I get to bike over the Mississippi and see the river traffic.


Sometime in late March, the University of Minnesota rowing teams come out and practice in the morning. I have different routes I take but at this time of year I like to ride on the West River Parkway which runs down at the level of the river for part of its route. It is hard to see the rowers here but there is one rowboat and a motorboat with a coach following the crew. The undulation of the water was really cool this morning, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment